Ladies, get ready to get OBSESSED with these sweet potato brownies!
This recipe is a favorite in our family to make once a month in a double batch where we freeze half to enjoy later in the month... which is one of my favorite meal prep tips too!
Before we dive into the recipe, I want to highlight some of the amazing benefits of sweet potatoes and why we are featuring them in today's recipe!
Why we love Sweet Potatoes!
1. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals and one of my favorite sources of carbohydrates to consume when I am looking to build muscle.
2. Sweet potatoes- especially the orange and purple kind- are also a great source of antioxidants to help you fight off free radicals and oxidative stress.
3. In just one cup of baked sweet potatoes (with the skin on) there is over 700% of your daily value of Vitamin A. Hello healthy eyes and glowing skin!
I hope you enjoy these delicious sweet potato brownies and don't forget to tag me on the Socials with how they turn out so I can post and re-share!
Sweet Potato Brownies
• 1 Cup of boiled and mashed sweet potatoes (roughly 2 large sweet potatoes)
• 1/2 Cup of almond butter or peanut butter
• 1 cup Cocoa Powder
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp sea salt (plus additional sea salt on top)
• ½ cup agave
• ¼ cup monk fruit (optional)
• ¼-½ cup of dark chocolate chips
• Begin by mixing the dry ingredients, ensuring that the cocoa powder has no lumps and the salt and baking powder are fully integrated.
• Next add one cup of boiled sweet potatoes; it's important to boil your sweet potatoes rather than roasting them because it adds moisture to the brownies.
• Next add almond butter, agave, and monk fruit and mix until it is combined.
• Lastly, add the chocolate chips, and any other fixings, such as nuts, and mix until fully incorporated.
• The batter should be thick, but easily transferable to a baking pan.
• Once transferred, sprinkle some sea salt on top and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let cool for at least 15 minutes, slice and enjoy!